This is a continuation post from yesterday’s Hunger Challenge Day 3 & 4.
It is day 5 — even though I have been eating better, I am still never full or satisfied. And this feeling constantly reminds me there are many others in worse situations. I read an article the other day where a mother of two had to use her last few dollars on gas to get to work, leaving just enough for a bag of chips to survive two days before her paycheck arrived. That is the reality of our world — hunger is real.
Just two more days to go. I’m running out of eggs and peanut butter. My meals are starting to look the same. My tummy growls often, but I’m getting used to them. Energy levels are holding, but just barely.
Day 5 meals
- Breakfast ($0.27) : Oatmeal, banana, salt
- Lunch ($1.27): peanut butter wheat bread sandwich, banana, nectarine
- Snack ($0.47): hard boiled egg, nectarine
- Dinner ($1.39): peanut butter wheat bread sandwich, banana, nectarine, boy choi
- Total cost: $3.40 (72% of daily limit)