This is a continuation post from yesterday’s Hunger Challenge Day 0.
Day 1 started off very rough with lots of temptations — I attended a lunch party full of savory Korean burritos and Tikka Masala basmati rice, followed by a friend’s aromatic home cooked Indian chicken curry dinner. I absolutely considered giving up.
Day 1 meals
- Breakfast ($0.27) : Oatmeal, banana
- Lunch ($0.19): Cooked lentils & split peas
- Dinner ($1.02): Peanut butter sandwich, nectarine, banana
- Total cost: $1.47 (31% of daily limit)
- Meals lacked flavor…will definitely need to explore adding better flavors!!!
- Surprisingly underspent the $4.72 limit. A possible change is to incorporate meat or more wholesome ingredients.
Feeling good and looking forward to Day 2!